Father’s Day is FAST approaching and it’s time to start thinking about gift ideas for the special men in your life. If you are like me – you are ALWAYS stumped when it comes to gifts for men. This year, I figured something that Lil Man & I made together, was just the route to go with. So hence – how this “Superhero” canvas was born. It’s heartfelt, makes a great keepsake and has BOTH our special touches on it. Wanna learn how YOU can make one with your child? Let’s grab our supplies!
* Scrapbook Stickers
* Blue, Red and Tan Paint
* Paint Brushes
* Mod Podge
* Black Sharpie
* Paper Plate & Baby Wipes near by for easy cleanup
* First are the footprints and handprints. Do the “body” which is the foot, in blue. While the “cape” which is the handprint, in red.
* Paint a circle on the canvas for the head and paint hands/arms coming from the “foot/body” of the superhero. Let the paint dry completely.
* Using a Sharpie – draw a face on the painted circle.
* Now add the scrapbook stickers to the canvas, to spell out “You Are My Superhero.”
* If you like – paint on some clouds or other embellishments to the canvas.
* Once done, cover the canvas completely in Mod Podge to seal in the stickers and such.
* Don’t forget to add your child’s name/age on the back!
I have a few more Father’s Day crafts in the works – so stay tuned for that!